Get a Free Online Quote
We operate a specialist sports floor sanding division who undertake over 30,000m2 of sports flooring sanding, repairs and renovations throughout the entire UK each year. We use the latest dust-free floor sanding technology and sports approved lacquers.
Once your new floor (or recently sanded and sealed) is installed the next step to ensure long life is to adopt the correct cleaning programme. Here is the McKay Flooring guide to maintaining and cleaning your wood flooring.
Sanding & maintenance services we provide:
• Dust free machine sanding
• Clean & buffing
• Floor maintenance programmes
• Free site survey and quote
• Court marking / sports lines installation & restoration
• Approved Junckers maintenance contractor
We undertake work for:
• Sports halls
• Dance studios
• Squash courts
• Fitness suites
• Leisure centres
• Community centres
• Pubs & bars
• Retail outlets
- Never use sheet vinyl or tile floor care products on wood floors. Self polishing acrylic waxes cause wood to become slippery and appear dull quickly. The only remedy in this situation is to sand and refinish the floor.
- Place mats and throw rugs at doorway exteriors and interiors to help prevent the tracking of grit, dirt and sand.
- Never wet-mop a wood floor. Standing water can dull the finish,damage the wood and leave a discolouring residue.
- Wipe up food and other spills immediately with a slightly dampened towel.
- Do not over-wax a wood floor. If the floor dulls, try buffing instead.
- Avoid wax build-up under furniture and other light traffic areas by applying wax in these spots every other waxing session.
- Put soft plastic or fabric-faced glides under the legs of furniture to prevent scuffing and scratching.
- Remember that cleats, sports shoes and high heels can dent any floor surface. When a 125 pound woman takes a step in high heels she exerts 2,000 psi (pounds per square inch). An exposed heel nail can exert up to 8,000 psi.
- When moving heavy furniture, completely pick up the furniture and carry rather than slide to best protect the wood flooring.
- For wood flooring in the kitchen, place an area rug in front of the kitchen sink.
- Use a humidifier in the home throughout the winter months to keep all wood movement and shrinkage to a minimum.
Get a Free Online Quote
Please contact us on 0845 602 7694 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to receive further information and for free online quote kindly check https://freequote.sportsflooring.co.uk/.We would be happy to provide you with literature and samples for your sports flooring project.Our experienced management team ensure the entire operation runs as smoothly providing you with the best customer experience.